Thursday, February 19, 2009

Jewelry: the zine

I just received my copy of Jewelry: the zine by Catherine Witherell and Deryn Mentock. It is filled to the gills with gorgeous photos of jewelry, inspiration and articles by 42 different artists! I am honored to say that I am one of the lucky artists invited to participate in this lovely project!


I played with recycled sari silk yarn and this was the result. ;) I am so in love with funky fibers right now. And a "sea theme" was on my mind with Artfest just around the corner. Hence the octopus necklace and the floaty mermaid fairy, and lots of BLUE.

The zine is for sale on Catherine's site and copies will be available at Artfest (if they don't sell out first)! You can by your copy HERE. It is truly a feast for the eyes and creative spirit. I am so impressed with Catherine and Deryn's hard work and determination to put this gorgeous collection together. And I am also awestruck at the immense and diverse talent of all of the artists featured in the pages of this amazing zine!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your publication!
    Your work is beautiful.
    I am so happy to see that you have signed up for my class! Yes, dig through your things, bring as much as you would like. We are going to have lots of fun!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...