Friday, February 06, 2009

Quilts for my little girls


I took Maya to the craft store the other day to pick out fabric for her quilt. I thought it would be a nice project for her to get ready for her own room. To get her all excited about it, we're going to make a quilt together for her new bed and we'll fill the room with bright colors and whatever theme she wants. The theme for her room, she says, is "Nature." So the colors she picked for her quilt represent each season (red/autumn, blue/winter, green/summer, pink/spring--all her idea!) So sweet.


She helped pick out colors for the quilt for her sister (due in May). (I guess it's still possible it could be a brother. If so, the quilt will be a gift! Someone I know is bound to have a little girl some day!) I can't wait to get started. But first, I have to sort out my studio! It has become such a nightmare, I don't even want to walk inside. But the sorting must be done because we're all switching rooms around in preparation for our little one's arrival. So it cannot be avoided any longer!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to help her with the transition! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...