Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

Ok, it's a few days late...but since I'm having a hard time moving on from the holiday season, better late than never. ;) We spent a lovely week-and-a-half in Arizona visiting my mom for Christmas. We took a trip up to Flagstaff to sled in the snow, we baked cookies and hung around the house in our PJ's all day--it was a wonderful, restful, joyful vacation to say the least.

My mom's tree was decorated in old wooden, hand-painted ornaments from my childhood. It's funny how the little things will bring back a flood of memories from Christmases past.

I was looking forward to a break from the cold, winter weather we were experiencing back home, but it was actually COLDER in Phoenix...crazy weather! But we did have plenty of days of sunshine and bright, big, blue Arizona skies with syrupy, neon orange marmalade sunsets. (No photo! Insert imaginary sunset *here*)

Even managed to get some art journaling in at the airport while we waited to embark on our journey and again once we arrived at my mom's house. I was inspired by the wonderful art in the new Art Journaling magazine.


We're back in California now, enjoying the mild winter weather (no snow!), getting ready for Christmas part 2 and 3 (one for us and the kids and another with my dad and stepmom). The sparkling string of lights on my porch will stay lit until January 1 (and probably will stay up for the next 6 months, until I remember to take them down!).

Christmas only comes once a year, who says we can't make it last as long as we want? ;) Curl up with a hot cocoa, peppermint stick and listen to the music from A Charlie Brown Christmas. We can stay in denial for a little while longer, can't we? ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...