Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year!

This will be the first post for 2009...wow, a whole new year full of adventure, art, love, life...I can't wait to see what this new year will bring.

I've been journaling a lot lately...been crazy into it since I received my copy of Somerset Studio's Art Journaling magazine. I am determined to submit some journals for their next issue! I started off last year signing up for a lot of art swaps and challenges to boost my confidence, learn new skills and to make more art! This year, I plan to send off a lot more of my creations to magazines and to submit ideas for articles. I know I want an artful life, so this is what I will do and in the meantime, my brain will figure out the rest! ;)

Change seems to be the big theme for 2009. I'd like to make art every day, even if it's a few little doodles or photos or something. I'd also like to get an Etsy shop up this year. I'll be taking creative classes this year, too. I'll be a mom to a little baby pretty soon...I should probably try to get in as much un-interrupted art time as possible before then! ;) It will be interesting to see how I can balance art and baby...I'm sure many mothers have done it before me, and I did it, too, not too long ago when my littlest one was, well, a lot littler. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful, creative, inspiring, lovely, artful new year!

Happy 2009!
The Austin-Gonzalez Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...