Friday, January 16, 2009

Seeing Red

Red was bold and brave and beautiful. Lovely, alluring and luscious.


All shades of red came together just wonderfully: true red, pink, burgandy, ruby, and, marouge (a color name made up by my 6-year-old daughter. When I asked her what it meant, she said it was a pinkish reddish maroonish red).


Red put me in the mood for LOVE! ;) I couldn't escape the hearts and valentines theme in today's pages.

This is where today's adventure began! I love to start off each journal page challenge this way. I love love love to see all the endless possibilities spread out before me. It's a great way to get inspiration before starting.

And here's Maya's take on today's red theme. She was inspired by my green she hulk expressing her anger! The top of her journal page says, "Don't make me angry!" >:(

3 comments:

  1. love marouge ..how funny ...my 8 year old daughter sounds just the same :-) ... love your take on red ..so reach with such vibrancy ...

    thanks for your kind comments on my red ..really enjoyed red--did not think I would ..now I am a bit hooked ..off to buy some more paint :-)
    ♥ milliande

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you make all the colours come alive in your collages. Enjoyed looking at all your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice page. Looks like you had lots of fun doing it. I love your daughter's "marouge" paint. She must be quite an artist, also. Hope you will show us some of her work, too. Is she doing the color themes with you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...