Sunday, June 29, 2014

More Collage Projects


I am really having a lot of fun with collage these days!  Still taking Daring Adventures in Collage with Mati Rose and it has been a blast!  This next week is the last week--can't believe it went by so fast. :(  But the good thing is that it has inspired me to make a lot of art on a semi-regular basis (which is why I like to take classes--it gives me just the push I need to make something!)


Each week, we are assigned a "Treasure Hunt" which has a particular theme.  Week 3's theme was "Rusty Things," so I went around the backyard taking close-up photos of anything that had that gorgeous, orange hue!


There was also an assignment to be on the lookout for "mini compositions" that caught our eye.  Above is a photo of one of the many "experiments" I find in the backyard left behind by my daughters.  I just really liked the bright colors and the weird textures.

 

Each week, we are also assigned a new collage challenge.  For week 4, we were challenged to collage on any kind of surface OTHER than a canvas.  So I went to the local craft store and found some fun, wooden letters to cover with paper and paint!  (It's going to spell "ART!") :)


This was just a mixed media painting/collage I made that was inspired by a photo one of my classmates had taken.  I was really drawn to the color scheme of plum, antique white, rust and chestnut.


And the latest collage was something I did in my small 3"x5" sketchbook.  Sometimes it is just fun and freeing to work "small."  It lets you do big, bold things that you might not try if you have a ginormous, blank canvas or page staring back at you.  And they're quick to make, which is also very satisfying (especially when you feel like you don't have a lot of time to create!)

Well, that's all the creativity going on these days!  I like being back in the studio.  I like just randomly visiting a canvas or journal page from time to time.  It feels good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...