Monday, November 03, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Another Halloween has come and gone! Maya was a bat this year.


She had a blast trick-or-treating with her grandma and grandpa from Arizona.


Cesar, our cat, enjoyed his traditional spot as the "head" of Freaky Freddy.


Even Zach got into the spirit of the holiday and dressed up in his dad's old army uniform. He was the spitting image of a younger Raul. ;) Zach had the idea to lay down in a cardboard "coffin" we had set up on the front porch originally intended for our dear, headless Freaky Freddy. He managed to scare the bats out of a lot of trick-or-treaters just by laying there! They didn't know if he was going to spring up at any moment, or if he was even a real person. I didn't snap a photo because the image of my young stepson in an army outfit laying in a coffin just didn't seem like the kind of kodak moment I wanted to share. Call it a weird mom thing, but the image was just too close to my worst nightmare! But he had a fun time, and we give him such a hard time for being so anti-social that it was fun to have him share in on the Halloween hi-jinx.

I carved a little politics into my pumpkin this year. ;) I don't think it is a spitting image, but all the kids who came to our door last night shouted with excitement, "Obama! Look, mom! It's Obama!" We'll see tomorrow how this all turns out. If you haven't already, please go and VOTE! Even if you're not in a "swing" state, it's still important that your vote is counted. And even if the lines are long...no excuses! Just do it. Be a part of history. Nomatter who you're voting for, just vote. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been checking to see if you would post. I love Maya's costume, and the Obama is so rad. You've outdone yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, monkey gal! :)
    Love
    Nika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures of everyone and nice pumpkin Nicole!

    BTW, I have tagged you!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know your favorite movie was Contact. wow! I thought I knew it all. I'm kinda confused about this tagging thing. I think you tagged me? Let me go back and read the directions, I'm no good at following directions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...