Sunday, April 12, 2009

Playing Catch-up

Artfest came and went with the blink of an eye this year! I had a blast and this time around, I had my Bay Area Art Sisters to pal around with (we ended up in a lot of classes together!). I met some new friends and some new sisters joined our lil' group, too! I took three amazing classes from three wonderful, talented teachers...

Day one, I took a class with Nina Bagley. We learned all kinds of fun and funky ways to make a keepsake book (mine is still in-the-making...but here's a shot of the cover):


Misty Mawn's class, "A White Out" taught me all about how to distress backgrounds and make my canvas look old, worn and grungy (very fun and addictive!), and to paint all in ghostly, peaceful shades of white.


Day three was with LK Ludwig and we learned all about metal mesh and how to make resists with patina and commonly found objects (feathers, leaves, alphabet stickers, magazine cut-outs, stamps, etc):


This weekend we spent with Raul's family up in Modesto. We had a great time lounging in the sun at Lola's and today we went over to his brother's house to partake in an Easter gathering with family and friends.

Maya played with snails (making them race, makign the big ones give the little ones "snail back" rides...odd girl!) ;) And she made friends with the sweetest neighborhood cat. We wanted to take him home!

And I even got some art done! Worked on some more pages for the 1001 Journals project. It's ready to be sent to the next person (sorry for being a journal hog and taking so long!)



And that's all for now! We start the final count-down for our baby girl...next Thursday I hit the 36 week mark and I think that means that the baby could technically arrive any time now... yikes!

6 comments:

  1. Nicole - it was great to see you at Artfest - I looked up and you had already left LK's class so I didn't get to say goodbye and stay in touch. Your work is beautiful and the mesh work you did is super cool. All the best for you and your family with your daughter's arrival. You look glowing and peaceful in the photo!

    JenEve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    I am thinking good thoughts for you & your new baby!! It was a pleasure having you in my class....thank you for the kind words!!
    So cool to run into at ARTfest too.....
    I'm glad to have you for a new art friend!!
    Take Care
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, what fabulous work you created at Artfest !!! It must have been a wonderful experience....and your journal pages....awesome !! All this with a baby on the way ?? Honey, you are somethin' !!! Best wishes for a wonderful and easy delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole, looking forward to meeting you at Convenzione! Great blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool pages!! oh, lucky you, going to artfest - i'd love to one of these days! congrats on your upcoming little person - good luck with the delivery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness your artwork is beautiful! I love your blog:) Your daughter is so cute and making snails race just sounds like good old fashioned fun to me!
    XXXX
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...